Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Torture

I sat up and waited for YOU. I even went and sat in my car to wait so I wouldn't miss your call (damn weak ass phone signal). I watched An Affair to Remember and looked at the couple as they finally became reunited in the end. Something told me YOU weren't going to show up. I don't know about anyone else's Something, but mine is pretty strong. When YOU called and asked if I had done it, I should have told YOU then that she hadn't done it. I just wanted to be with YOU so badly, I allowed myself to hope and allowed her to do the transaction. YOU chuckled and I had the audacity to think it was because YOU were as excited about being with me as I was about being with YOU. I kept hoping YOU would call to say "I'm sorry". YOU didn't YOU never called. It's 10:21 and YOU still have not called. I sit here at my desk listening to MeShell Ndegeocello's voice. I contemplate what I'll say to YOU when YOU call. I know YOU will call. YOU need confirmation of my pain

No comments: